Sunday 19 February 2012

I Can't Believe You Are Not Perfect!

"...while our strengths and abilities make us useful, it is our weaknesses that make us usable.  Our skills and talents make us tools, but our failures and shortcomings remind us that we need God.  Whatever we accomplish on our own is only a hint of what God could do through our lives."  Application Study Bible
 
Good Morning Family and Friends :
 
This will come as a great shock to all of you, but I must confess....I AM NOT PERFECT.  My husband will confirm this statement if you need proof.  
 
This is a short email to let you know that if you are waiting until you are perfect to serve God, you will most likely die without getting to know Him.  God uses your shortcomings and weaknesses to accomplish His will on earth...His power makes you strong. Paul was intense in his persecution of Christians, but after he met Jesus on the road to Damascus his life was transformed.  He then was intense about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and wrote part of the New Testament.  Read Acts sometime and stew on that...it will blow your mind.
 
Paul wrote: "Each time he said, "My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2Cor.12:9-10 NLT.  I don't know about you, but I'm always suspicious of seemingly perfect people...What are they hiding?...I just can't relate. I know Christians/Disciples who were once criminals, promiscuous, violent, and with every kind of addiction you can imagine. Like Paul, they were completely changed when they "met" Jesus.  My encouragement to you is simple...God can use you exactly where you are at this minute.  He wants a transformed life...not a perfect life.
 
Forget about your church doctrines, rituals and customs...they can't save you. Pick up a Bible today and know Him for yourself.
 
Nuff Love,
Avenel

No comments: